The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this captivating country.
Head out on safari in search of rhinos, lions and elephants, sample a succulent Sauvignon Blanc at a vineyard or take in the view atop Table Mountain: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of South Africa with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide South Africa:
– Over 30 colour maps help you navigate with ease
– Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
– Comprehensive tours and itineraries of South Africa, designed for every interest and budget
– Illustrations show in detail national parks, hiking and driving tours, key sightseeing areas and more
– A comprehensive Field Guide describes all you need to know about the safari experience, including an overview of the country’s top reserves and a guide to the animals that inhabit South Africa
– Colour photographs of spectacular scenic vistas, wild animals, idyllic beaches, winelands, city scenes and more
– Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Cape Town; the Cape Winelands; the West Coast; the Southern Cape; the Garden Route to Grahamstown; the Wild Coast, Drakensberg and Midlands; Durban and Zululand; Gauteng and Sun City; Blyde River Canyon and Kruger; and the Arid Interior
– Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country’s complex history, varied landscape, abundant flora and fauna, people and society, architecture, literary figures, sporting events and festivals
– Experience the culture with features on wine-making, whale watching, Zulu culture, surfing scene, life in the desert and more
– Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide South Africa is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to South Africa.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
“No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one” – The Independent
Planning a city break? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Cape Town and the Winelands guide.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK’s highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.